I donít have much code done at the moment, and it is all very much in flux. However there is a little information, that I will be expanding on later.
Code Structure: Fist off, I want to allow for host and client systems to be the same program. Possibly a switch can be added to the main code to turn off all code not necessary for a player less host, and have it a command line argument
The Main Code Structure:
- cApplication: This is the main program class. Everything starts from it.
- cWindow: Creates the main window.
- cGraphicsEngine: Main class for all graphics.
- cAnimation: The class for handling animations.
- cNetworkEngine: Main class for all the network.
- cSoundEngine: Main class for all the sound.
- cInputEngine: Main class for all the input devices.
- cGameEngine: Main class for the game system.
- cAI: The class that controls computer intelligence.
- cTech: The class that handles the technology tree.
- cCombat: The class for handling combat.
- cMove: The class for handling unit movement.
- cCities: The class for city building.
- cUnits: The class for handling unit information.
- cEvents: The class that handles scenario events.
- cWeather: The class that handles weather.
- cPlayer: The class that holds player information
- cGame: The class that holds the game information and state.
* more class will be added if needed.